Monday, February 27, 2012

Baby Celebration

I haven't mentioned this on the blog in a while, so I will do so now.  I LOVE my Baby Mama friends.  It's such a simple name for us, but it means a lot.  It's unfathomable that I didn't know these women 2 years ago.  They are such a vital part of my world!  Our little group started when Isaac (and Cash) were less than a month old.  A few of the mamas who joined later weren't even official mamas yet!  One of the mamas has had her second child since the group started and THREE of us are pregnant!  It's a little wild how quickly the little group is growing!


Mamas, I love you.  From the very bottom of my heart, I love you.  Thank you for being in my life.  Each of you brings something special and is an irreplaceable part of my life.  Most of you have seen me at some of my worst and you have loved me, anyway.


We had a baby celebration on Sunday for brunch.  We went to Kerbey Lane Cafe to celebrate the 3 anticipated arrivals.  Isaac's sister is due in March (one month from today!), Henry's brother is due July 4, and Christopher's sibling is due in August.


Expectant mommies:  Marielk (Christopher's mom), me, and Candy (Henry's mom)

Baby bumps!

The mamas:  Karen, Allison, Stephanie, Bethany, Marielk, me, Candy (Julia & Valeria were with us in spirit)


Last year, for Isaac's first birthday, there was a joint celebration for 4 of the boys of Baby Mamas (they were all born within 2 weeks of each other).  This year, we are going to have another joint party!  It's so great to be able to do this instead of going to 4 of the same party...  We have started planning and are all getting excited.  Except for the part where the boys actually have to turn 2.  I think there are 4 mamas in denial about that part!


We had another OB appointment this morning.  My blood pressure is still behaving itself, so everyone is happy about that.  Andrea (Dr. C) let Isaac hold the speaker for the fetal heart monitor, so he and Daddy got to listen to Baby Girl's heartbeat.  I wish I'd had a camera to capture the sweet moment...  I will be back next week for my next appointment.  At that point, I will be 37 weeks, which is technically FULL TERM!!!  I am so eager to meet our daughter that I can hardly stand it.  I know I am boring the pants off everyone I know because it is about my only topic of conversation these days.  Her crib bedding arrived last week, so we are ready to start setting up the nursery.  How wonderful to be prepared a whole month in advance!  We certainly didn't have that luxury the last time.  We will be reusing Isaac's crib and moving the changing table into the new nursery.  I am sure Isaac is going to wonder why his furniture is moving down the hall.  Nestle and Jackson are going to be a little more savvy this time, though, I think!


Todd's parents are RVing up to Kerrville this week.  They are planning to be there for about 2 weeks before joining us here in Austin (unless we call them sooner).  They have been down in the valley since January.  Kerrville is about 3 hours from Austin, so it will be easier for them to pick up and head to Austin should the need arise.  I don't think we're going to meet our little angel before March 15, though, so we'll let them enjoy a couple more weeks of vacation.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Please let me know when this party is going down!! I missed the first one! but won't miss the second! I miss you girls so much and from over here in CALI I feel like i'm in the loop with your lives and the lives of NICO's Friends!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Housing in Leuven

House-hunting in Leuven was quite an experience! We went out with our realtor for 2 consecutive afternoons trying to find a place. The short...