Sunday, May 27, 2012

2 Months for Laine

I can't believe how quickly the last 2 months have passed!  I have been a little concerned because several people have started to comment on how "big" she is getting.  This bothers me because girls grow up with so many body image issues.  I don't want Laine to internalize the idea that she is big.  I was talking to my friend Allison about it and she has a great word:  thriving.  Suffice it to say, Laine is definitely THRIVING!!! :-)  She is off the top of the (CDC) growth charts!  At her appointment Friday, she weighed 14 pounds 10 ounces.  She is 23 inches long.


Laine is starting to smile a bit.  She is very alert and curious.  She is very sweet and has been a much easier baby than I could ever have imagined.  She sleeps for about a 5-hour stretch most nights, which is a wonderful change from our first parenting experience.


Isaac pesters his sister constantly.  LOL!  I didn't have much "me" time before, but now I have to even take him into the bathroom with me if she is in a location he can reach. He wants to hug on her and snuggle with her and I'm afraid he could accidentally hurt or smother her if I leave them alone, even for just a few minutes.  I am glad to see that he is so smitten with her.  I knew he was sweet, but it sure is awesome to see how much he adores the baby.



1 comment:

Housing in Leuven

House-hunting in Leuven was quite an experience! We went out with our realtor for 2 consecutive afternoons trying to find a place. The short...