Monday, July 2, 2012

Laine is 3 Months Old!

I wrote this post last week, since Laine hit 3 months last Monday. Then, I couldn't get our computer to boot up, so I couldn't upload a photo.  Sorry for the delay...


Our baby girl has already been with us for 3 months! She didn't have to go to the doctor for a 3-month well-check, so I don't have any new size stats on her, but I wanted to give you a personality update. 


Elaine is a WONDERFUL baby! She is a very smily, sweet little girl. She loves to interact with us and has been busy cooing and gurgling at us all. She makes good eye contact and smiles whenever she looks at anyone. She seems very interested in Isaac and actually seems to like his attempts to snuggle on her. She has been sleeping through the night for over a month now, but has relapsed a bit in the last week or so. She is still an outstanding sleeper and sleeps from about 11:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m., then wakes again around 5:00 and 7:00, but gets up for the day around 8:00 or so (long after her brother is up and running [literally]). She was sleeping from 11:00 to 5:00, but I haven't been quite as consistent with nursing her at bedtime. I was going to bed at about 8:30 and nursing until about 10:00 so she could just snuggle to sleep for the night.  


Laine has fallen asleep in her crib a couple of times when I've laid her in it while putting Isaac down for a nap. She doesn't fuss very often and I check on her when she seems to be awakening because she'll actually lie there for 5 minutes or more without crying if I'm busy wrangling Isaac when she awakes. Her latest "development" has been learning to suck on her fingers. She seems to prefer her right hand, but can now get either hand to her mouth. She will suck on her fingers to soothe herself. The sound of her sucking on her fingers through the monitor is usually what cues me that she is waking up. She can also use this to soothe herself back to sleep during nap time if she's not ready to get up yet. It is FANTASTIC!!!


She continues to *thrive* and is soon going to outgrow even the 3-6-Month-sized clothes she's been wearing. That works out well for me because it means I get to go look for NEW cute dresses. :-) I am feeling amazingly blessed by this sweet new soul in my life If every baby were as easy as this one - eats well, sleeps GREAT, and smiles the whole time she is awake - I would have 12 more. Just don't tell Todd. LOL



Just in case you feel like I'm leaving someone out of this post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Housing in Leuven

House-hunting in Leuven was quite an experience! We went out with our realtor for 2 consecutive afternoons trying to find a place. The short...