Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Laine's Halfy Birthday!

I intended to post this yesterday, but our computer got the best of me. It turns off automatically after 20 minutes of no activity. Unfortunately, YouTube uploading a video without me doing anything to it doesn't count as "activity," so it took me a lot longer than expected. I have figured out how to temporarily disable that option, so I finally got this finished.

I can't believe my baby girl is already 6 months old! She is such a tremendous joy. She is a sweet, happy little soul. I am so thankful for the light she brings into our lives. I will take her to the doctor next week, so I should have new "stats" on her then.

I got a little overzealous with the camera yesterday. I think you will get a laugh out of some of these photos, though, so I am posting all of them.

Laine had pureed carrots today - her very first bite of real food!

After she decided not to eat, I let her play with the spoon a bit to see if that would get her more comfortable with the idea.

After a nap, we tried again:
By the end of two tries, I would estimate that Laine actually swallowed about 1/16 of a teaspoon of carrots.

This is the dress Laine wore home from the hospital. I seem to remember that it fit her reasonably well and wasn't too big on her:




I don't know why these are sideways. They are saved correctly on my computer. Blogger won't allow me to rotate them, so you'll have to turn your head. :-)





Laine with "size comparison" Cabbage Patch Kid. :-) 

Re-commence head-tilting:




As expected, I ended up with a bit of help towards the end of the process:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Housing in Leuven

House-hunting in Leuven was quite an experience! We went out with our realtor for 2 consecutive afternoons trying to find a place. The short...