Tuesday, January 11, 2011

9 Months!

OK, so this post is a little late...




I took Isaac to the doctor yesterday for his 9-month checkup.  He actually weighs less than he did at Thanksgiving.  I guess he's burning a heck of a lot more calories with all of his crawling.  The doctor wants me to feed him 3 meals (each a full jar) per day, in addition to as much nursing as he might want.  He weighed in at 17 pounds 2 ounces, but was 17 pounds 12 ounces back in November.  (He's now 27 3/4 inches long, so he's over an inch taller than he was back at his 6-month appointment).  She assured me that she wasn't too worried, but she wants to check him again in one month.  So, we began our new feeding regimen today and, so far, Isaac seems quite content.  He has been really hungry for the last few days and I've been doing a lot of nursing, but I wasn't increasing his "solid food" intake as much as I apparently should have.  He did eat quite a bit yesterday, though not really on a schedule.  He only woke twice to eat during the night, which was a vast improvement over the previous night.  I fed him breakfast this morning, but he didn't eat a whole container of food.  Judy (Grandma) fed him lunch and he ate most of the jar of sweet potatoes and an entire jar of apples!!!  I think he probably already weighs 10 ounces more than he did yesterday morning!


We are all having a wonderful visit with Todd's parents this week.  They arrived on Sunday and we got to celebrate Christmas one more time.  Isaac got lots of fun new toys and a bunch of new chew toys (books).  He is happily showing off all of his new crawling skills and has been pulling to a stand any chance he can.  I am wowed by how much stronger he is this week compared to last.  He can crawl all the way across the room now, which he certainly couldn't have done last week.  He is really moving now!


Here's a little video of Isaac when he finally sat still for a few moments a couple of days ago...


Judy babysat Isaac for an hour this afternoon and I was able to get out for a pedicure.  I can't even remember my last one - it may have been last Christmas.  I know it was with Kristin, but I don't know how long ago it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Housing in Leuven

House-hunting in Leuven was quite an experience! We went out with our realtor for 2 consecutive afternoons trying to find a place. The short...