Sunday, October 17, 2010

Johnny Jump Up Fail (and Win!)

We tried to get Isaac to bounce some in his Johnny Jump Up today.  He still hasn't quite grasped this concept, but he did manage to turn in a bunch of circles.  Always in the same direction...  Perhaps how he managed to get the cord wrapped around his neck 5 times in utero?  When he started to get tired to "walking" and turning, I grabbed his feet and pulled them toward me.  In case there were any doubts, he's definitely my son.  (For those of you who don't know this about me, my two favorite things in the world are swings and rocking chairs).  He got a HUGE smile on his face!  I decided to play with it like a swing for a little bit and I can't tell you how happy he was.  I couldn't resist making a little video of it.  I know it's crummy camera work, but you won't care when you see how sweet this is!

After making this little video and seeing how much fun Isaac was having, I promptly went online and ordered him a swing for the back yard.  I hope it has shipped by now - I ordered it like 2 hours ago.

My friend, Samantha, has invited me to her house later this week.  We're planning to walk over to a nearby park to take Isaac and her son, Mason, (born on Isaac's due date) to play on the swings while her older son, Connor, plays on the bigger kid toys.  Now that I've seen this, I can hardly wait!

In other good news, I got a message from Nicole that our photos are up online!  You can check them out here.  I am so excited!  She got some very good shots.  Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the family pictures with Jackson! I guess Nestle was being camera shy??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, Nestle is afraid to be outside, hates Jackson, and mildly tolerates both Todd and Isaac. We decided not to put him through the trauma of a family photo!

    ReplyDelete

Housing in Leuven

House-hunting in Leuven was quite an experience! We went out with our realtor for 2 consecutive afternoons trying to find a place. The short...