Saturday, August 18, 2012

Thriving

I am about to publish proof that I do that thing that parents aren't supposed to do. You know... comparing my kids.  My daughter is just about outgrowing her 6-9M clothes. While I am thrilled that she is so healthy, I was hoping she would stay tiny and snuggly for another 5 years or so. :-P

Anyway, just to give you an idea of how they are different in size, Laine now weighs more at 4 1/2 months than Isaac did at 1 year! Here is a more "apples to apples" comparison:

Isaac at 5 months old (wearing a slightly bulkier cloth diaper):

Laine at 4 1/2 months:

They are both super-extra cute, aren't they?

Even if she is growing like a little weed, our girl is just as sweet as she can be. She is more awake and alert during the day, so my Moby wrap is getting a workout. I don't like leaving her in the bouncy seat and it's nice to have both hands free to do some things. She doesn't like it when I sit down, though, so I might be in really great shape in the near future. LOL! 

Within the past few days, Isaac has hit me with both barrels. The first time, it was "no kisses" when I was playing with him. Then, he threw "no snuggles" at me. (Did I really want him to learn to talk?) He still wants mommy to snuggle at nap time and before bed, but he is otherwise rough and tumble. Something is going on with him, though, because he's been a little crankier and out-of-sorts lately. I took him for a chiropractic adjustment on Thursday and that evening he was in a better mood than he has been for about a week and a half. I know he should have a couple of molars coming in, but I haven't noticed any extra drool, so I'm not sure if that's what is bothering him. The chiropractor said it looked as though he'd recently had some fluid in his ears, so I what I thought was an ear infection may have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Housing in Leuven

House-hunting in Leuven was quite an experience! We went out with our realtor for 2 consecutive afternoons trying to find a place. The short...