Friday, October 22, 2010

Just Say No... to Avocado

We tried a new food today.  As you may have guessed from the title, it was avocado.  As you may also have gleaned from the title, Isaac was not a fan.  To give you a perspective, this is the carrot aftermath from yesterday:


Today, he wanted nothing to do with the avocados.  I think he ate less than 1/4 teaspoon.  I will try again tomorrow morning, but I'm not going to force the issue.  If he doesn't like them, he doesn't have to eat them.  We can try again in a month or so and see if he's changed his mind by then.  I have some summer squash in the freezer, so I am happy to thaw it and try that next.  This was today's attempt at avocados:




My friend, Marielk, brought her son, Christopher, to our Wednesday gathering this week.  Marielk held Isaac for a little while.  He really seems to like her.  I am trying to get him used to being with other people.  Next weekend, we are supposed to be leaving him with our friends Kyle and Mo for a couple of hours while Todd and I go out dancing with his parents.  Hopefully, separation anxiety won't have set in by then.

Marielk's son is about 10 weeks old.  I can't believe how small he is in comparison to Isaac!


Speaking of size comparisons, our friends Arves and Tica had a little girl last night.  She is exactly the same size as Isaac was at his birth.  She's 20 inches long and weighs 6 lbs. 10 oz.  (Isaac was 6 lbs. 9.5 oz.)  We went to the hospital tonight to see them.  I can't believe how small their little Emily is!!!  It was odd for Isaac to be the biggest baby in the room.  Tica's mom didn't seem to mind, however, and she was happy to hold our big boy the second I handed him over to her.  He really likes meeting new folks.  Let's hope he does well staying with "new" people for a couple of hours next Friday...

1 comment:

  1. Oh that video of Isaac eating avocado is HILARIOUS! That's the look on Cash's face when he eats (and by eat I mean smear in his hair) anything.

    ReplyDelete

Housing in Leuven

House-hunting in Leuven was quite an experience! We went out with our realtor for 2 consecutive afternoons trying to find a place. The short...