Thursday, September 9, 2010

Isaac is 5 Months Old!

Isaac is growing up as fast as everyone warned he would!  Yesterday, he hit 5 months.  He is 25 1/2 inches long, but I haven't had a chance to weigh him yet.  I'm hoping to head to Special Addition here in Austin tomorrow to weigh him.  It's a store I've been meaning to check out.  Supposedly they have a scale there to weigh babies.  If not, I may just call the doctor's office and ask if I can use one of theirs if I promise to clean up afterwards.  Here is our Blue Bear comparison:
We spent some time hanging out with our friends Candy and Henry yesterday.  Henry is a couple weeks older than Isaac.  It's sort of like having a little preview into the things Isaac will be doing soon.  As of right now, Isaac can grab both feet:
I keep trying to get a shot of him attempting to eat his foot, but the camera is just too interesting and it captures his attention.  He really wants to eat the wrist strap attached to it:
Isaac has been sleeping pretty poorly for the last couple of weeks.  I have been told that it was a phase they hit at 4 months old.  My friend Daphne's son drove her nuts that month (he's 1 now).  She said they were beyond exhaustion.  I know what she means!  Another friend, Stephanie, has a son 2 days older than Isaac.  Her son, Cash, has been waking about every 90 minutes for a couple of weeks.  At least Isaac is about every 2 hours - not great but at least a little longer!  Anyway, the night before last, Isaac slept for 6 straight hours.  Hooray!!!  Granted, after that, he  was awake about every 45-60 minutes, but at least Mommy got some sleep.  Last night, however, was terrific.  First of all, Isaac was in a great mood in the evening.  He was awake and playful in his high chair while Todd and I ate our dinner.  After dinner, I nursed him while Todd and I watched a little TV.  Isaac fell asleep around 10 o'clock (he took a short, late nap) and slept until 1:30.  I fed him then and again at 3:30.  Normally, he would then be up again at 5:15.  Last night, I noticed when he started to stir, so I started to pat his back in the bassinet.  He managed to re-settle and drift back to sleep.  That's the first time he has EVER skipped his 5:15 wake-up!  Woohoo!!!  I feel like a million bucks today!  :o)  Our little sleeper:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Housing in Leuven

House-hunting in Leuven was quite an experience! We went out with our realtor for 2 consecutive afternoons trying to find a place. The short...